Sunday, February 3, 2008

England vs Switzerland Friendly 2008: Scott Carson Kept His Place in England Squad

Aston Villa goal keeper Scott Carson has been kept in the provisional squad of Fabio Capello, England coach, for the friendly match against Switzerland. Carson was fully criticized for his mistake that presented Croatia their first goal in the last match of qualifying round of EURO 2008 that England lost 2-3 and thus failed to win a place in EURO 2008. That was his debut match for England. So, you can realize what a disappointing start he had in his career. However, Carson seems to be very confident. He wants to look ahead leaving behind all the nightmares. He also said that that mistake helped him as a person as he has been playing well since then.

Sky Sports reported:

"That's the annoying thing about being a 'keeper in that people remember your mistakes. People say you've got to be mad to be a 'keeper and sometimes I agree with them!

"But the Croatia disappointment has really helped me as a person. I'm not one to dwell on mistakes. I put it to the back of my mind straight away and, since then, I think I've done well for Villa.

"The Villa fans have helped me through the incident and the lads have been superb too. They gave me a bit of banter which has been good and I don't mind taking some of that. It helped me along."

I think, Scott Carson is full of potential. It is good that he has already seen the other side of the coin, even before rising to stardom in hi career. Scott Carson has been playing very well this season for Aston Villa. So, I can see a long international career of Carson. Fabio Capello can rely on him.

No comments: